FAQS – EYELINER
You will feel a slight vibration against your eye. It does not cause discomfort.
Most say eyeliner hurts the least out of all cosmetic procedures. A highly-effective, topical anesthetic cream and gel are used for numbing before and during your procedure. Pain threshold levels vary from person to person and every effort is made to ensure you remain comfortable for the entirety of the procedure. If you are on your menstrual cycle you will be a bit more sensitive towards the pain.
The treatment is performed under strict government sanitation and sterilization standards. Our highly trained and certified cosmetic tattoo specialists perform each service using disposable, sterilized parts and needles. The treatment is conducted with disposable and completely disinfected and sterilized equipment and a one-time-use needle. All pigments that are used contain ingredients approved by the FDA for cosmetic use.
The technician has a very firm grip of your eyelids and they are also trained to have fast reflexes to pull away.
Immediately after your eyes may be swollen and may be slightly bruised for a couple of days (it will give off the appearance of as you have been crying). The swolleness shall subside in a few hours, placing spoons in your fridge then placing it on the eyelid will help speed up the prcoess. It takes an average about 5-7 days for the scabs to naturally fall off. Absolutely no eye make up is to be worn until all scabs have naturally fallen off. Your true color will not be apparent until the 4-6 week mark.
The tattoo is permanent but it will fade over time. Everyone takes to the pigment differently, color reboosts are recommended to maintain the color.
An average treatment is about 2 hours long.
You must email/text us photos of your eyeliner prior to trying to make an appointment to make sure your technician is willing to do cover up/correction or touch up work. As a new client to the studio you will be paying full service charge. Touch up prices are only for current clients.
- If you have an ideal shape and colour in mind, bring a few reference photos with you
- You may fill in your eyebrows as you normally would so we can take into consideration the shape you desire
- We require our clients to avoid any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E and Aspirin
- Do not drink any alcohol the night before and day of your appointment and limit the amount of caffeine you consume
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure
- If you plan to go on a vacation, it is recommended to plan your trip a minimum of 14 days before or after the procedure
- Please arrive with freshly washed hair from the night before or day of
- The day you come in for your procedure, please wear absolutely NO eye makeup and also have No coffee/tea/caffeine in your system.
- Please be off eyelash growth serums for a minimum of 60 days prior.
- Absolutely no eyelash extensions can be worn during the procedure. Please have them removed a few days prior to coming in for your appointment.
We provide very specific post-care instructions after your procedure. It is highly beneficial to follow these instructions to ensure a good healing process and to achieve the best results. The most essential aftercare is to keep the treated area dry from water but kept moist (with ointment provided in a very thin coat). DO NOT rub, pick or stretch your eyes (or the color will peel off).
Touch-up appointments are optional. If you do not maintain, the color will lighten over time. Fading greatly depends on your skin type, lifestyle, sun exposure, pigment color used.
If you are planning a chemical peel, MRI or other medical procedure, please inform the technician that you have had an iron-oxide cosmetic tattoo. Careful application must be taken to avoid affecting the tattooed area. If you are planning to have laser treatments, tell your laser specialist to avoid the pigmented area. Laser may cause pigment to turn black.
We carry two different types of pigments in our studio. Organic and inorganic. Your technician will decide which pigment brand to use dependent on what desired outcome you are wanting for your cosmetic micropigmentation. We use the safest semi-permanent pigments to use for skin.
Most definitely, please just plan accordingly. A minimum of two weeks prior to a getting the procedure done or a minimum of two weeks after.
If you are wanting eyeliner that is super thick, dramatic or very winged unfortunately we are not the studio for you. We specialize in the most natural looks for everyday wear.
You must be 18 years or older to receive a tattoo service at Brownude.
As a precaution, we do not perform cosmetic tattooing on pregnant or nursing women. You will have to wait a minimum of 60 days after birth/nursing.